Thursday, September 12, 2013

Our latest addition...

I know it's wrong. 

But something followed me home...

It was so cute and all alone....can I keep it?  Pleeeeeease?

I know what you're saying..."this looks exactly like a red Crock-Pot "Cook and Carry" you bought less than a month ago".  See, that's where you're wrong. 

#1: this is silver, not red. 

And #2: this is a 6 qt. oval, not a 4 qt oval.

Huge difference my friends, huge.  And yes, I do already have a 6 qt round crock pot...but much of the time, it's chock-full of chicken-stock, brewing on the counter for 12 or more hours, so it takes the 6 qt round totally out of commission on those days.  Also, that 6 qt is round, and this one is oval.  See, in a oval 6 qt crock pot you can do all kinds of fancy tricks, like baking!  Yes, baking!  Like, in a loaf pan, sitting in the crock pot, elevated with a foil ring. That's what I hear anyway.  Can it be done gluten free?  Well, we are going to find out.

This crock pot was on a smokin' sale: $34.99 at Shopko.  What can I say?  Some people love to spend a lot of money on booze...and smokes...and fast food, and other detrimental stuff.  As far as vices go...I'll take crock pots.

Actually, I think I may be a woman who can actually justify having 5 crock pots of various sizes, shapes and styles, because believe it or not, I left the house this morning with 3 crock pots cookin'.  One with chicken stock, one with my freezer ratatoullie test, and one with tonight's dinner, Lime Salsa Chicken, which rocks by the way...please make it.  You'll thank me.

I don't know, something's really up with me lately.  I am just a little "stuck", you know what I mean? I'm at a creative stand-still.  Brain-freeze...and not in an ice-cream induced way.  I can't seem to get into this whole September thing.  I mean, I know.  I'm totally beating a dead horse here, but seriously, I'm just not transitioning well.  I'm suddenly dull; un-inspired, non-creative, not-excited, un-interested.  I just can't seem to get into this whole structured routine again.  This is how bad it is...I received my long awaited, pre-ordered Slow Cooker Revolution volume 2...and I didn't even open it for two days.  Mid-life crisis?  Just plain laziness?  Who knows, I'm at a loss here. 

Usually I hate shopping.  I mean, I'm a girl who waits until I'm totally desperate for clothes...then I go in, find something that will work, buy it in every color, and call it a day.  Shopping is a major time-waster in my opinion, and it usually annoys me...(except for book shopping on Amazon of course.)  I'm typically a busy little bee, dutifully getting my work done at home and abroad.  Working on projects and tasks, cleaning, organizing, studying, reading, swimming, walking the dog, dehydrating food, blogging, cooking, grocery shopping, errand-running, working, crafting, and a zillion other things all at the same time. 

But the last two days, I've shopped.

In an avoiding-my-work kinda way. 

I'm procrastinating. 

That's how I ended up with my new little buddy pictured above.  And a fall doormat.  And some adorable owl paper plates and cups.  And some green capris.  And a bunch of hand-soaps.  And some lovely pumpkin hand lotion.  Anyway.  Hope this thing passes soon, whatever it is.  I'm running out of room in my kitchen, and I'm about to go broke.

I should be outside with the hose, spraying bugs off the lights in the front driveway, but guess what, I'm going for a bike ride tonight instead. 

Enjoy one more night on the lights, driveway bugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment